U'ar welcome...tour,explore and get informed.

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son.

Four men of the Nigeria Customs Service,
Oyo/Osun Command, were on Tuesday
summoned by the Oyo State House of
Assembly for allegedly beating a teacher,
Gbenga Ogunleye.
Ogunleye was said to have been beaten by
the Customs men on Friday for punishing a
Senior Secondary 3 pupil, Allison
Chukwuebuka.
The men reportedly stormed the premises of
United Senior Secondary School, Ijokodo,
Ibadan and allegedly beat the teacher to a
pulp for daring to punish the pupil whose
father is a Customs officer.
It was gathered that the men shot
sporadically into the air to scare the pupils
and teachers who attempted to rescue the
teacher.
Chukwuebuka was said to have reported
the teacher to his parents after refusing to
serve the punishment given to him with
other pupils.
The teacher told journalists on Tuesday, that,
“Last Friday, some boys who are fond of
dressing indecently to school and
assembling in an uncompleted building
during odd hours were rounded up by the
teachers. Their uniforms and slippers were
seized.
“We told them to form a queue and jump up
and down but Chukwuebuka did not obey. I
compelled him but he resisted.
“He called his parents. To my surprise, when
they arrived, his father asked him to identify
me and instructed him to beat me in his
presence.
“The boy reached for a wheel spanner and
aimed at my head but I used my hand to
protect my head. The father then called
some uniformed men who drove into the
premises with high speed. They dragged me
on the ground, beat me to a pulp and tore
my shirt. When the teachers and pupils
wanted to rescue me, the Customs men fired
some shots into the air.
“I was taken to Jericho Hospital for
treatment.
Nigeria will hail thee ?

No comments: