U'ar welcome...tour,explore and get informed.

Thursday 9 February 2012

Man rapes 35 years old virgin during fasting .

Evelyn(other names withheld) had
embarked on fasting and praying,
as directed by her pastor. And she
did that for seven days. But on the
seventh day, the devil decided to
strike through one of her
neighbours, Jide Afolabi. He burst
into her room and raped her.
Alabi was said to have disguised
himself, by dressing in a female
attire, sneaked into her room and
raped the 35 years old lady,
thereby, subjecting her to both
physical and psychological torture.
The incident happened at
Omitowoju, in Mokola area of
Ibadan, Oyo State.
After he sneaked into her room,
the 30 years old man allegedly tied her
hands and used pillow to cover her mouth
and face, before raping her. The victim was
said to have raised alarm that attracted her
neighbours, but help couldn’t come her way
on time, until she managed to loose herself
from the alleged rapist’s grip and rushed to
the roadside and continued shouting.
A good Samaritan, who was passing by and
heard her voice was said to have lent her a
helping hand . No one could lay his hands
on the suspect at that moment, as he bolted
after the alleged crime.
When the victim rushed to the church and
narrated her ordeal to her pastor, some
members accompanied her to the house,
where they saw the room turned upside
down .They later reported the matter at
Mokola Police Station .
Detectives from the station were said to
have swung into action and arrested the
suspect. Traumatized Evelyn said the
incident was like a dream, adding that she
was yet to come to terms with what
happened to her . She said: “As I was about
concluding the seven days fasting and
prayer, declared by our church, I saw a man
who dressed like a woman and was holding
knife. He locked all the doors and tied my
hands with clothes and covered my mouth
and eyes with pillow.”
“First, he asked for money and ransacked
the whole house and saw N1,000 in my
album. He later forced me and had sexual
intercourse with me.” Evelyn, who hails from
Edo State, disclosed how she had preserved
herself over the years, waiting for the time
God would give her a husband that would
deflower her .” My neighbour came like a
thief in the night to rob me of my virginity”,
she lamented.
She told Crimewatch that she had handed
the matter over to God.
The suspect, who reacted to the allegation
said it was the devil, who pushed him to act
the way he did. “I raped her at about 10.00
a.m., when she was inside her room. I
dressed like a woman and went into her
room. The exercise lasted for about ten
minutes and I had to run away . I live with
my mother and my two kids. My wife
abandoned me and our children, saying I
couldn’t take care of her.
“I am a barber and I want to pick up my life
once again . I was sleeping that day and
suddenly woke up and went to sister
Evelyn’s room and raped her,” he confessed.
The Oyo State Police Public Relations Officer,
Mr. Femi Okanlawon described the incident
as pathetic. He disclosed that the victim was
taken to a private hospital, adding that the
doctor confirmed that she was raped. He
said the case had been transferred to the
State Criminal Investigation Department
(SCID) Iyaganku for further investigation.

No comments: